Power bank is said to be a very useful power device to have,this is basically so due to the fact that it tends to help us to charge our mobile device in case we find our self in a situation where there is no electricity to charge our mobile phone or tablet when our battery runs down.it could be so annoying if you get to know you out of power and your phone isn’t charged.
In as much as having a power bank is very essential and good, the main problem may arise when you are at a point in time buy or have a fake one which can cause hazard to your phone by damaging it or the battery or even catch fire and in the process destroy your phone or tablet.Some even do drain your battery instead of powering it.
Due to such issues arising, I have decided to help you in spoting or identifying the original and fake power Bank especially here in our part of the world where we have so many fake power banks in the system.
How to identify a fake Powerbank
- At a glance you can spot a fake checking for its brand name.power banks made without a brand name are fake. When buying a powerbank, check if it has a brand name because many powerbanks especially those sold in our part of the country do not have a brand name instead what will be written on it will be POWER BANK. When you get hold of such one don’t buy it’s a fake power Bank and might damage your phone.
- Also most Fake powerbank comes with a fake capacity as in you acquiring a powerbank written 50000mAh but charges a phone or tablet battery of 2000mAh just once or twice. Such Power Bank is confirmed fake one and if you continue using it, know that on the long run it will damage your phone or tablet.
- Most fake power Banks especially the ones sold here usually have a very high capacity written on it like for example a power Bank capacity being 50000Mah,100000mAh or in a worse case 30000mAh. Most of them are fake though some might be original but as long as it’s here in Africa, it’s confirmed fake don’t buy.
How to Spot an Original powerbank
- Original power Bank comes with a genuine brand name.
- It doesn’t have exergerated high capacity like 30000mAh, 50000 mAh, 100000 mAh etc.
- The charging capacity approximately tallies with what it is written on it depending on your battery capacity too.
The post above simply talks on How to Identify a Fake/Original Power Bank, I hope this piece was useful to you. if you have any other method of spotting a fake power bank. You can leave a comment below